How can I reach your new firm?
We’re excited to have new offices at:
401 Charmany Drive, Suite 315
Madison, WI 53705
** Our temporary Suite is #205
Here’s the new contact information for our team:
Why did you choose to start your own firm?
It is our strong belief that the only way for financial advisors to be true advocates for their clients in today’s environment is by being independent. This core principle compelled us to launch our firm, 18Forty8 Private Wealth, as an independent wealth management practice. With decades of experience advising families, business owners and individuals, including professional athletes and collegiate coaches, we have built 18Forty8 on a foundation of trust. We are committed to providing our clients with values-driven service, backed by genuine care and professionalism.
Why wasn’t I told sooner about your decision to launch a new firm?
While we would have preferred to share our plans with you in advance, we simply were not permitted to do so. We had to respect legal and contractual restrictions and we will always abide by the rules and regulations of our industry. We hope you can appreciate the situation we were in.
What will be the same at your new firm?
Our entire team of Terry, Ryan, Gina and Becky has stayed together to create 18Forty8 Private Wealth, and we expect to grow and add new team members over time. You can count on us to deliver the same personal service you’ve come to expect – but even better, as we’ll be able to spend more time on our client relationships and not on the corporate agenda of our former employer.
How will the launch of your firm affect me directly? How will I benefit?
First and foremost, you will continue to benefit from the collaborative approach we take in helping you identify your values and pursue your goals and dreams.
Access to a Broader Marketplace: Because we’re independent and own our own firm, we work in an open architecture, which means that we have greater access to best-in-class products and services, including alternative investments and lending solutions, from a wide variety of resource partners.
Robust Planning Solutions: We will be using advanced planning software from eMoney. This tool has robust capabilities that will allow you and our team to view – in real time – your complete financial picture, including assets held at other firms. eMoney also has a secure, user-friendly “Vault” which enables you to safely store important documents, such as trusts, wills, tax filings, insurance documents, titles, etc. You will be able to choose to share the uploaded documents with our team, in cases where it is helpful for us to have access to them.
Exceptional Client Service: With your best interests as our only agenda, our team is free to focus exclusively on addressing your individual service needs.
Will anything change?
You will have the opportunity to improve some of the financial products you have – but as always, nothing will change without your express approval. Let’s look at some possibilities:
- There is no need to make any changes. You can maintain your current banking relationships.
- We can establish electronic funds transfer between your new investment account(s) and your banking account(s) to maintain a smooth flow of funds between accounts.
- For any clients who are interested, we will have an in-depth conversation about the banking possibilities available directly through 18Forty8 Private Wealth.
- Permanent financing such as mortgages should remain in place unless there is a reason to consider a change.
- Home Equity Lines of Credit (HELOC) should remain in place until we can discuss whether these products should be addressed or updated.
- Securitized Loans (a.k.a., Loan Management Accounts or LMAs) will be replaced by a similar product. We have finalized the pricing to keep it the same as your current terms.
- Investment Management:
- In certain but rare cases, we will want to consider making changes to an investment manager or investment strategy. If this pertains to your portfolio, we will address this situation right away and discuss your options.
- For all our clients, the transition process to 18Forty8 Private Wealth will be a good time to review the “right fit” for all investment strategies.
- As appropriate for your situation, we will discuss our new flexibility and increased access to investment products.
- As you are accustomed to today, you will be fully consulted and have the final “OK” prior to any changes.
Where will my assets be held?
The safety and security of your assets is of critical importance to us. With that in mind, and after a rigorous due diligence process, we selected BNY Mellon | Pershing as our custodian based on their infrastructure, research, technology, and service capabilities. We are incredibly impressed with the measures they take to protect client assets, and we are reassured by their strength, size, and reputation in the industry. With over $47 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration. BNY Mellon is the largest custodian in the world by a significant margin. Pershing is an industry leader providing clearing and custody services in 65 global markets, with execution services in over 60 markets globally and facilitating the trading and conversion of 50 currencies.
Please visit BNY Mellon | Pershing’s Strength & Stability site for more information: www.pershing.com/about/strength-and-stability